I’ve never been a fan of the frozen taquito so I was thrilled when I learned how to make delicious, healthy versions in the air fryer. I’m betting that you’ll be a convert as well once you’ve tried this recipe.
- 1 pound ground beef 80/20 preferred
- 14 medium-sized corn and flour blend tortillas or 100% flour tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups Mexican blend shredded cheese
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- Oil spray I use olive oil in my Misto sprayer
- Preheat the air fryer at 350 for 5-10 minutes.
- Season the ground beef and mix well.
- Add filling to the edges of the tortilla (the meat will shrink down when cooked). Add cheese, then roll the tortilla tightly. I did not sauté the filling, I found that cooking the filling first didn’t make a difference in taste or texture. Plus, it’s much quicker to just skip that step altogether.
- Secure the tortilla with toothpicks.
- Lightly spray the taquitos evenly with oil.
- Add the taquitos, toothpick side down, in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
- Air fry for about 8 minutes until golden brown and crispy.