The ingredients in this soup may seem odd at first read, but trust me, if you’re looking for a warm, tasty soup that is different, this is the recipe for you. It’s almost like chili but with a twist.
- 1 pound lean ground meat (I usually use hamburger because that’s what’s on hand)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (1-ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 (1-ounce) package dry ranch dressing mix
- 1 15 ounce can of kidney beans
- 1 15 ounce whole kernel corn
- 2 15 ounce cans of pinto beans
- 1 15 ounce can of diced tomatoes
- 1 10 ounce can tomatoes with peppers
- Brown meat and onions, drain, add taco seasoning, and the Ranch seasoning mixes. Place in a 5 to 6-quart pot.
- Add all the canned ingredients. Cook over medium heat for about 40 minutes or in a slow cooker on low for 4-6 hours.
- Serve over corn chips (like Fritos) and top with grated cheddar cheese. Paired with a salad, it makes an excellent lunch.