I love warm, gooey sandwiches but grilled cheese can be a calorie buster. That’s what I like about this recipe, you can tailor it to your own tastes and needs. I usually leave the bacon off, or use only half a piece, and I use reduced fat cheese. As one of my favorite designers says, You do You which this recipe is perfect for.
- 2 tablespoons light sour cream,
- 2 tablespoons light ranch salad dressing
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle or ancho chili pepper
- 4 slices of whole grain bread
- 8 ounces of thinly sliced, cooked chicken breast
- 2 Roma tomatoes, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 4 slices, lower-sodium, bacon cooked crisply
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach leaves
- 4 slices reduced fat cheddar cheese
- In a bowl, stir together the sour crea, dressing and chipotle pepper. Spread this over each side of the bread. Top one slice of the bread with the chicken, tomato, bacon, and spinach, then top with other slice of bread.
- Lightly coat an undated panini griddle, covered indoor electric grill or a large, non-stick skillet with cooking spray. Preheat to medium-high heat. Add sandwich and grill. If using a skillet place a heavy plate on top of sandwiches. Once bottoms are toasted turn sandwiches over and put plate ack on top. Grill till the sandwiches are golden. Cut in half and serve!