This hearty vegetarian chili—loaded with sweet potatoes, black beans, carrots, and tomatoes—is flavored with chipotle chile paste for a fiery kick of heat. For cooling contrast, we’re topping it with slices of creamy avocado and a garnish of cotija.
This recipe was created in partnership with the wellness experts at WW. To learn more about WW and SmartPoints® visit ww.com
(original recipe from Blue Apron)
- 1 15-Ounce Can Black Beans
- 1 15-Ounce Can Crushed Tomatoes
- ½ lb Sweet Potatoes
- 1 Yellow Onion
- 6 oz Carrots
- 1 Avocado
- 2 tsps Chipotle Chile Paste
- 2 Tbsps Grated Cotija Cheese
- Wash and dry the fresh produce. Halve, peel, and medium dice the onion. Peel the carrots; halve lengthwise, then thinly slice crosswise. Peel the sweet potatoes; cut off and discard the ends, then medium dice. Combine in a large bowl. Drain and rinse the beans.
- In a large pot, heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil on medium-high until hot. Add the prepared onion, carrots, and sweet potatoes; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, 5 to 6 minutes, or until slightly softened. Add the chile paste and cook, stirring constantly, 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until combined.
- Add the tomatoes, beans, and 3 cups of water; season with salt and pepper. Cook on medium-high, stirring occasionally, 31 to 33 minutes, or until the liquid is thickened and the sweet potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork. Turn off the heat. Taste, then season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Just before serving, halve and pit the avocado. Using a spoon, remove the avocado from the skin, then thinly slice. Serve the chili topped with the cheese and sliced avocado. Season the avocado with salt and pepper if desired. Enjoy!