If I’m not having chocolate then I prefer a more seasonal treat. I’m not one of those crazy for pumpkin spice everything type gals, but I do prefer to keep my desserts within the “proper” season.
This is an excellent fall bread or muffins. I enjoy it in the afternoon with some tea. (Oh, who am I kidding, I enjoy it any time of day!) This would be nice with eggs and some fruit for breakfast.
- 3 1/2 cups flour of your choice (I prefer white whole wheat)
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 TSP baking soda, 1 TSP baking powder
- 3/4 TSP salt
- 1 TSP cinnamon. 1/2 TSP Cloves (ground)
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 1 16 oz can whole cranberry sauce
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 TBS orange zest
- 2 TBS chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray 2 loaf pans (8×4) with non-stick cooking spray. No loaf pan that size, use what you have but you’ll have to adjust the cooking time. Muffins work too.
- Combine the flour, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, ground cinnamon, and ground cloves in a large bowl & mix well.
- In a separate bowl, mix the egg substitute, cranberry sauce, pureed pumpkin, apple sauce, and grated orange zest. Combine well. Add this to the flour mixture and stir until just moistened. Pour batter in prepared pans. Sprinkle the tops of each loaf with the nuts,
- Bake at 350 degrees for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let loaves cool then remove from pan.