Why is Fettuccine with Creamy Red Pepper Sauce a favorite lunch?
For a few reasons, eating more vegetarian meals is one of my goals. It can be tricky to make this for dinner because hubby really likes his meat. I won’t lie, this is really good with a little bit of shredded chicken breast, but it’s really good in its’ original form too. What’s good, is you have options on keeping it vegetarian or adding meat.
- 2 TBS olive oil
- 1 small onion
- 2 – 3 tsp of minced garlic
- One 16-ounce jar roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken stock or vegetable stock
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese or a 6-ounce block (I generally use reduced-fat Feta)
- 1 pound whole-wheat fettuccine
- freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Heat the oil in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Saute onion and garlic until soft, about 10 minutes. Add roasted peppers and saute until heated through. Remove from heat and let cool slightly. Place mixture in the bowl of a food processor with stock and all but 2 tablespoons of the feta. Process until combined and smooth, about 30 seconds. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup pasta water. Toss pasta with sauce, adding pasta water by the tablespoon, if needed. The sauce should cling nicely to pasta. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Divide among pasta bowls. Sprinkle with parsley and remaining feta cheese.
Enjoy your Fettuccine with Creamy Red Pepper Sauce