Finger foods are excellent for people living with Alzheimer’s or for those of us who are on the go. You can make these on a quieter morning or on the weekend to make busy mornings easier. They are super delicious and well worth the minimal effort!
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose or white whole wheat flour (the whole wheat flour helps you stay full)
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 TSP baking powder
- 1/4 TSP ground nutmeg
- 1/8 TSP salt
- 1 egg, beaten lightly
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- For Topping
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 TSP ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease muffin tin or line with papers.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, nutmeg, and salt. Make a small well in the middle of the dry mixture. Stir the egg & melted butter, then add this to the well in the dry ingredients. Stir until just moistened (batter may be lumpy).
- Spoon batter into muffin tin. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- While muffins are baking mix together topping ingredients. When the muffins are done, top with the sugar mixture. Enjoy!