These are excellent for breakfast but you can also take the leftovers to work for an easy lunch. Add fruit for breakfast and a salad for lunch. We eat these frequently in the Fading Memories household. This recipe is adapted from one from Taste of Home.
- 1 cup salad croutons
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (Gruyere is a tasty option too)
- 1 cup chopped fully cooked ham (you could use bacon bits or sausage too)
- 4 large eggs (we use 2 eggs & 1/2 cup egg substitute)
- 1 1/2 TSP dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 TSP Dijon mustard
- 1/4 TSP salt
- 1/8 TSP onion powder
- Dash pepper
- Preheat the oven to 325 º. Divide croutons, cheese, and ham among 12 greased muffin cups. In a large bowl, whisk remaining ingredients until blended. Divide egg mixture among prepared muffin cups.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until a tester comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before removing from the pan. Serve warm.