I love homemade fried rice. It’s a healthier option than a restaurant bowl of fried rice, plus you can customize it to your favorite flavors. We got an Insta pot to use in our trailer travels which means you’ll be getting a whole new batch of healthy recipes!
- 6 large eggs
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cups of mushrooms, sliced
- 3 carrots, diced
- 2 large chicken breasts, diced
- 3 cups white or brown rice, rinsed & drained
- 1 TBS oil (Avacado is recommended, I like Sesame oil)
- 3 1/2 cups of water
- 2 cups of frozen peas
- 1/4 cup of soy sauce (I use reduced sodium)
- 1 bunch of green onions
- On Insta pot, press saute and wait until the display says hot
- Add 1 TBS of chosen oil and eggs. Stir with a spatula until eggs are scrambled. Press cancel and transfer eggs to a plate or bowl.
- No need to rinse pot (yay!) plus you don’t have to worry about any egg bits stuck to the bottom. Add the ingredients in the following order; water, onion, mushrooms, carrots, chicken, and rice. Level with a spatula to flatten the rice enabling it to cook evenly.
- Close the lid, turn the pressure vent to Sealing, and press Pressure Cook on high or Manual: white rice – 3 minutes, brown rice – 22 minutes.
- After Insta Pot has finished cooking, release pressure based on rice choice. (Afer 10 minutes for white rice, brown rice, immediately.)
- Add peas, soy sauce, green onions, previously cooked scrambled eggs, and a dash of toasted sesame oil if desired.
- Stir gently, and serve hot.