When we need to do a quick dinner, Mexican flavored is most frequently our go-to. To be honest I get tired of the same options which made finding this recipe a win!
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, roughly chopped
- 4 large cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and sliced
- tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried cumin
- 1 (28-ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- Few dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 3 to 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 lime
- 1 cup cooked white rice
- Kosher salt
- Sour cream, for garnish
- Fresh Cilantro for garnish
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and saute for 1 to 2 minutes. Add garlic and jalapeno and sweat until soft and translucent. Add spices and cook for 1 to 2 minutes until fragrant and aromatic. Add tomatoes, chicken, Worcestershire, and stock.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes.
- Cut the lime in half, squeeze the juice into the pot, and then add the juiced halves as well.
- Add white rice and cook 5 minutes longer to warm rice through. Season, to taste, with salt.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with sour cream and cilantro.
Enjoy your Mexican Chicken Stew