I know what you’re thinking, chicken in the microwave, yuck. Thankfully, yuck is not an accurate description of this meal. You’ll be thrilled at how good it tastes and how fast it comes together! (This recipe makes 3 servings so you may want to double it to use up full ingredients.)
- 1/2 8 ounce can of tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon of Italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/4 cup cornflake crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried parsley flakes
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 egg, beaten
- 1/3 cup Mozzarella cheese
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine the tomato sauce, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder. Cover and microwave on high for 2 minutes, then stir. Cook at 50% power for 3-5 minutes or until mixture simmers, stirring once then set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the crumbs, cheese, and parsley. Dip the chicken into the egg, then roll in the crumbs mixture. Place in a lightly greased shallow, 3-quart microwave dish. Cover and microwave on high for 10-12 minutes, rotating a half turn at 5 minutes (unless you have a turntable).
- Pour tomato mixture over the chicken, sprinkle with cheese. Cook, uncovered at 50% power for 3-5 minutes or until meat juices run clear.
- Serve with a salad and noodles!