With my Mom, I found 1-dish meals were easier for her to eat. I had to dig around and experiment to be able to cook up meals that were flavorful yet healthy. I didn’t worry about Mom’s weight, I had to worry about mine! Quick, tasty, and healthy are winners in my house!
This recipe is from a site that I get emails from. When healthy is in the subject line I always check them out!
- 1 (12-ounce) package steam-in-bag broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup prechopped onion
- 2 (8-ounce) packages presliced mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 12 ounces chopped skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken breast (about 3 cups)
- 1/2 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup canola mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 ounce Parmesan cheese, grated (about 1/4 cup)
- Preheat broiler
- Prepare broccoli in microwave according to package directions.
- Heat a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add onion and mushrooms; cook 12 minutes or until mushrooms brown and liquid evaporates, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle mushroom mixture with flour; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook 3 minutes or until thick and bubbly. Stir in broccoli and chicken; cook 1 minute. Remove pan from heat. Stir in yogurt, mayonnaise, pepper, and salt. Top evenly with cheeses; broil 2 minute