I’m always looking for delicious and filling salads. During the summer it can be too hot to eat a big meal. Plus, it’s nice to have variety. This salad is not only filling but also it’s no-cook, that’s a winner right there!
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 medium ripe avocado, pitted & roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves (I finally get to use up more of my plant!)
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 8 cups mixed salad greens
- 2 medium ears of corn, kernels removed, or 2 cups frozen corn, thawed & patted dry.
- 1-pint grape tomatoes halved
- 1 15 ounce can of black beans, rinsed
- Place onion in a medium bowl and cover with cold water. Set aside. Combine avocado, cilantro, lime juice, oil, garlic, and salt in a mini food processor. Process, scraping down the sides as needed, until smooth and creamy.
- Just before serving, combine the salad greens corn, tomatoes and beans in a large bowl. Drain the onions and add them to the bowl, along with the avocado dressing. Toss to coat.