- 1 tablespoon cooking oil, of preference
- ½ white onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes, optional
- ½ teaspoon dried sage
- 1 ½ cups almond milk
- 15 oz pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ box whole wheat pasta, cooked
- Heat the oil in a medium pot over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, red pepper flakes, and dried sage and cook until onions are translucent, stirring occasionally.
- Add the almond milk, pumpkin puree, salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Stir until a smooth, creamy sauce forms. Heat through.
- Add the cooked pasta and stir to coat.
- Serve warm.