This mouthwateringly impressive meal couldn’t be easier to pull off, but is most definitely appropriate for a special occasion. But then, what isn’t when it’s topped with blue cheese butter? If you’re not a huge blue fan, you could easily use feta cheese instead. And to find even more inspired sheet pan meals, you’ll definitely want to pick up a copy of One Sheet Eats: 100+ Delicious Recipes All Made on a Baking Sheet
- 1 ½ pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 cups multi-colored grape tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 (12 to 16-oz.) boneless rib-eye steaks (about 1 1/4-in. thick)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 ½ tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- ½ teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- Step 1Preheat broiler with oven rack 6 to 8 inches from heat. Place green beans and tomatoes on a large baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of the salt and 1/2 teaspoon of the pepper; toss well.
- Step 2Broil for 5 minutes. Remove baking sheet from oven. Sprinkle steaks with remaining 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Arrange steaks on baking sheet in a single layer, moving green beans and tomatoes aside to make room.
- Step 3Return baking sheet to oven; broil until steaks are desired degree of doneness, 2 to 4 minutes per side, for medium. Remove from oven; let steaks rest 5 minutes before slicing.
- Step 4Combine butter, blue cheese, and thyme in a small bowl; stir well. Serve butter mixture over steaks.