French Dip sandwiches can be easy but full of salt. This recipe makes it easier to control the salt if you need too. Find lower salt versions of the beef soup/consume. Once you’ve had a lower salt version you’ll probably never go back to the high salt versio.
- 3-4 pounds chuck roast
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can beef consommé
- 1 can beef broth
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 4-5 hoagie rolls
- 8 slices mozzarella cheese
SLOW COOKER INSTRUCTIONS
- Generously season each side of the roast with salt and pepper. In a large skillet add the olive oil and turn to medium high heat. Sear each side of the roast for 3-4 minutes until it gets a golden brown crust.
- Place the roast into the slow cooker. Add the beef consommé, beef broth, onion, soy sauce, And Worcestershire sauce.
- Cook on low heat for 8-10 hours or on high for 5-7 hours. Remove the roast from the slow cooker and shred with a fork and place on hoagies with a slice of cheese. Broil the tops in the oven to melt the cheese and serve.