This recipe saves time and couldn’t be easier, thanks to jarred pasta sauce and no-boil lasagna noodles. Prep it in the morning and let your slow cooker do the work. You probably won’t go back to the old method again.
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 4 ounces cremini mushrooms (about 3 large), chopped
- 2 cups packed baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1 (24 ounce) jar low-sodium red pasta sauce, any flavor
- 1 (15 ounce) can no-sodium-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 15 ounces part-skim ricotta cheese
- ¾ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 8 ounces oven-ready lasagna noodles (about 9 total)
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- Step 1Combine bell pepper, mushrooms, and spinach in a medium bowl. Combine pasta sauce, tomatoes, ricotta, and 1/2 cup Parmesan in a large bowl.Step 2
- Spread 1 cup of the sauce mixture in a 6-qt. slow cooker. Place 3 noodles over the sauce, breaking them as needed to fit in one layer. Spread another 1 cup sauce over the pasta. Layer on one-third of the vegetable mixture, 3 more noodles, and 1 cup sauce. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup mozzarella. Continue layering one-third of the vegetables, 1 cup sauce, 1/2 cup mozzarella, and the remaining noodles. Top with a final layer of the remaining vegetables, the remaining sauce, and the remaining 1 cup mozzarella.Step 3Cover and cook on Low for 5 hours.