Another hand-held breakfast that is tasty and healthy. It’s nice to have options with different flavors. I need options.
- 2 TBS olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups finely diced red-skinned potatoes
- 1 cup diced red onion
- 3/4 TSP salt, divided
- 8 large eggs (or 4 eggs & 1 cup egg substitute)
- 1 cup shredded smoked cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup low-fat milk
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- Preheat oven 325º. Coat muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add potatoes, onion & 1/4 tsp salt and cook, stirring, until the potatoes are just cooked through, about 5 minutes. Remove the heat & let cool 5 minutes.
- Whisk eggs, cheese, milk, pepper, and the remaining 1/2 tsp salt in a large bowl. Stir in spinach & the potato mixture. Divide the quiche mixture among the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake until firm to the touch, about 25 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before removing the tin.