I’m a huge fan of food that can be eaten with our fingers. I’m just lazy that way but they are good options for loved ones who are forgetting how to use utensils. No sense in making life any harder than it has to be especially at mealtime! This is a flavorful dish that you can make as a traditional meatloaf if you desire!
- 1 pound ground chicken *
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 3/4 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce, divided (more if desired for garnish)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onion (more as garnish if desired)
- 1/2 cup minced parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 egg white
* Read labels! Some ground chicken is just as fattening as beef because they grind up the skin and the dark meat.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, corn, black beans, 1/2 cup barbecue sauce, oats, green onion, parsley, oregano, salt, egg, and egg white. Mix until thoroughly combined but do not overmix.
- Divide mixture evenly between each of the 12 wells in the prepared muffin tin(s). Brush tops of each mini meatloaf with the remaining 1/4 cup barbecue sauce.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until temperature reaches 165°F. Rest for 10 minutes and then use a fork or a small spatula to remove from tins. Serve with extra green onions or barbecue sauce.