- 8 ounces lo mein or other Asian noodles
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 pound flank steak, thinly sliced across the grain
- kosher salt and black pepper
- ½ pound snow peas, halved lengthwise
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 shallots, sliced
- ⅓ cup red pepper jelly
- Step 1Cook the noodles according to the package directions.
- Step 2Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the beef with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Step 3Cook the beef, stirring occasionally until cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Step 4Add the snow peas, carrots, and shallots to the skillet and cook, tossing, for 4 minutes.
- Step 5Return the steak to the skillet, add the jelly, and cook, tossing, for 1 minute. Serve with noodles and vegetables.