- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tablespoons chili powder (if you like it really hot, add up to 2 TBS chili powder)
- 1 ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 15.5-ounce can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15.5-ounce can cannellini or Great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- kosher salt and black pepper
- Step 1Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, chili powder, and cumin and sauté until onions are soft.
- Step 2Add the tomatoes and 1 cup water. Bring to a simmer, partially cover with a lid, and cook 10 minutes.
- Step 3Add the beans and return to a simmer. Continue cooking, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until the chili is thick.
- Step 4Remove from heat and stir in the vinegar. Season to taste with salt and pepper.