If you’ve got an abundance of zucchini from your garden or are just looking for an easy, healthy breakfast, this is a great recipe to try.
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (white whole wheat is good too)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (I generally use all white whole wheat)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 TSP baking soda
- 1 whole egg
- 2 egg whites (or Best of the Egg, Egg Beaters)
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 TSP vanilla
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries (Craisins), or other favorite dried fruit.
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Mix egg, egg whites, sugar, applesauce, yogurt, vanilla & zucchini and set aside
- Slowly add flours till everything is incorporated
- Scoop batter into muffin tin (with papers or sprayed). I use a 1/4 cup measuring spoon to fill
- Bake for about 15 minutes till a toothpick comes out clean
- Cool and serve
- Store in airtight bag or container. These freeze well.