Combine a BBQ baked beans recipe and a meatball casserole in one delicious package with this family-friendly dinner idea.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots (2 medium)
- ½ cup chopped onion (1 medium)
- ½ cup thinly sliced celery (1 stalk)
- 1 cup frozen French-cut green beans
- 1 14.5 ounces can no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- ½ cup low-calorie barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 2 15-16 ounce cans of cannellini beans (white kidney beans), rinsed and drained
- 1 12-14 ounce package frozen cooked turkey meatballs, thawed
- ¼ cup chopped green onion tops
Preheat oven to 350°F. In a large skillet heat oil over medium heat. Add carrots, onion, and celery; cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Add green beans. Cook for 2 minutes more, stirring occasionally. Stir in tomatoes, barbecue sauce, balsamic vinegar, and oregano. Stir in beans and meatballs. Transfer mixture to a 2-quart casserole.
Bake, covered, for 10 minutes. Uncover. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes more or until heated through. Sprinkle with green onion tops just before serving.