Mexican-inspired meals are frequently a go-to in our household. However, many of these meals are too calorie-dense and frankly, I get tired of our typical go-to. This meal is super quick, healthier, and tastes delicious.
- 1 teaspoon ground chipotle chile pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 (1-pound) flank steak, trimmed
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- ⅔ cup 1% low-fat milk
- ¼ cup (1 ounce) crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1 teaspoon butter2 teaspoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Preheat broiler to high.
- Combine the first 3 ingredients. Sprinkle steak with chipotle mixture. Place on a broiler pan; broil 5 minutes on each side. Let stand 5 minutes. Cut thinly across the grain.
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add shallots and garlic; cook 1 minute. Add flour; cook 30 seconds, stirring. Add milk; boil. Cook until reduced by half. Remove from heat; stir in cheese and remaining ingredients.