I like variety in my meals, but don’t always have the time or energy to try new recipes. This Cuban Beef dish is full of flavor and it’s quick to make. Pick up pre-sliced pieces of mango and you’re well on your way to a healthy and tasty dinner.
- 1 1/2 pounds flank steak, cut in half crosswise
- 2 28-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 large onion, cut into wedges
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 1/2 ripe mango, peeled, pitted, and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- Step 1Place the steak in a large saucepan. Add the tomatoes, onion, chili powder, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Simmer, covered, until fork-tender, about 2 hours.
- Step 2Twenty-five minutes before serving, cook the rice according to the package directions.
- Step 3Using two forks, shred the beef and mix it into the cooking liquid. Serve with the rice and top with the mango and cilantro.