If you have a farmer’s market or your own bumper crop of strawberries, you’ll be thrilled with this sandwich. The Goat Cheese and Strawberry Grilled Cheese with the arugula tastes better than I expected!
- 1 (4-oz.) goat cheese log, softened
- 6 whole-grain bread slices
- 4 ½ teaspoons red pepper jelly
- ¾ cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 6 large fresh basil leaves
- 1 ½ cups fresh watercress or arugula
- Salt and pepper to taste
Spread goat cheese on 1 side of 3 bread slices. Spread pepper jelly on 1 side of remaining bread slices; layer with strawberries, basil leaves, and watercress. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Top with remaining bread, goat cheese sides down. Cook sandwiches in a large, lightly greased nonstick skillet over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.