This smart sheet pan twist on the classic huevos rancheros is the perfect meal for a crowd and is easily customizable to suit your preferences/use whatever ingredients you have on hand.
- 10 corn tortillas
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1 ½ teaspoons chili powder, divided
- 2 (15-oz.) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups pico de gallo
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chipotle chiles, plus 1 Tbsp. adobo sauce (from 1 can)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice (from 1 lime)
- 6 large eggs
- 6 ounces pepper Jack cheese, grated (about 1 1/2 cups)
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Sour cream, avocado, and hot sauce (optional)
- Step 1Preheat oven to 400°F. Arrange tortillas in a single layer on a lightly greased rimmed baking sheet, overlapping slightly. Brush tortillas with oil, and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon each of the salt and chili powder.
- Step 2Bake in preheated oven until lightly golden and toasted, about 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 375°F.
- Step 3While tortillas are baking, combine black beans, pico de gallo, chipotle chiles, adobo sauce, lime juice, and remaining 1 teaspoon salt and chili powder in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Step 4Pour bean mixture evenly over hot tortillas, and create 6 shallow “wells” with the back of a spoon.
- Step 5Crack 1 egg into each well, and sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 375°F until whites are set and yolks are still runny, about 12 minutes. Sprinkle with cilantro; garnish with sour cream, avocado, and hot sauce, if desired