Steak Fajitas are always a hit! Utilizing precut peppers speeds this meal prep up tremendously! If you’re using whole peppers, slice up 2 of each color ahead of time, you can freeze the extras for a future meal. Additionally, check out the meat counter for pre-marinated flank steak. It’s ideal for a quick cook meal, however, my trick is to add the marinade to the meat before I freeze it. As it thaws for use, it marinates itself. It’s also easier to cut if it’s slightly frozen.
2 TBS olive oil
1 TSP ground cumin
3/4 TSP salt, divided
1/2 TSP chipotle chili powder
1/2 TSP black pepper
12 ounces fajita steak (thinly sliced, uncooked, unseasoned flank steak)
1-8 Oz pkg pre-sliced bell peppers
1 1/2 cups sliced yellow onion
1/4 cup cilantro leaves
1 lime cut into wedges
1/2 cup light sour cream
1 TBS fresh lime juice
1/4 TSP ground red pepper
1 6-inch corn tortillas
- Preheat broiler with oven rack in the top position. Place a rimmed baking sheet in the oven (leave pan in the oven as it preheats).
- Combine oil, cumin, 1/2 teaspoon salt, chili powder, and black pepper in a bowl, stirring with a whisk. Place steak in a bowl. Place bell peppers and onion in a bowl. Add half of the oil mixture to the pepper mixture and toss.
- Carefully remove the baking sheet from the oven. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add pepper mixture to the pan; broil for 10 minutes or until almost tender. Remove pan from the oven. Move the pepper mixture to the sides of the pan; arrange steak in the center of the pan.
- Broil for 3 minutes or until the steak reaches desired degree of doneness. Sprinkle cilantro and lime wedges over the pan.
- Combine the remaining 1/4 teaspoon of the salt, sour cream, lime juice, and ground red pepper in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Heat tortillas according to the package directions. Serve sour cream mixture and tortillas with the steak and pepper mixture.