What’s not to love about this easy dump-and-go slow cooker recipe? It has potatoes and ooey-gooey cheese, all combined with a can of condensed cream of chicken soup!
- 1 (32 ounce) package frozen cubed hash browns, thawed, or 7 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup (such as Healthy Choice)
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 cup thinly sliced scallions, plus more for garnish
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 ½ cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 ½ cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
- Step 1Coat a 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Combine hash browns (or other potatoes), condensed soup, sour cream, scallions, garlic powder, 1 cup mozzarella and 1 cup Cheddar in the slow cooker; stir well. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup each mozzarella and Cheddar.
- Step 2Cover and cook on Low until the potatoes are tender and the cheese is bubbly, 3 1/2 to 4 hours. Garnish with additional scallions, if desired.